Identity Theft No Cost Resources
Virus & Malware Protection
Dark Web Access
Free Credit Bureau Reports
Subscriptions & more…
- Check your 3 FREE credit reports at least once a year: AnnualCreditReport. Many banks and credit unions provide FREE online access to your credit score, which can be checked daily by logging into your account. If not, go to www.wallethub.com and sign up for free credit scores and reports. Wallet Hub will solicit you for credit cards but otherwise the service is FREE.
- FREE Credit Freezes and Year-Long Fraud Alerts are now part of a new Federal Law that went into effect September 21, 2018. Visit the “Federal Trade Commission” website for how it works: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/2018/09/free-credit-freezes-are-here. You can contact the credit bureau directly for this free service.
- Windows users can perform a FREE virus scan with Panda, and it will disinfect found viruses for free. Panda will solicit you to upgrade to their antivirus software. Simply go to: https://www.pandasecurity.com/usa/homeusers/solutions/cloud-cleaner/
- Add an Anti-Virus Software to your computer There are a lot of free options on the internet; just Google “free antivirus software”. They will all attempt to upgrade you to a pay option. https://www.top10bestantivirus.com/best-free-antivirus
- If you are using Windows, your antivirus is FREE. WINDOWS 10 users already have the “Windows Essential Security” installed; just activate it. WINDOWS 07, VISTA or 08 users can download “Windows Essential Security” at www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5201
- MAC users can visit https://www.avast.com/en-us/free-mac-security for essential antivirus protection.
- For FREE Malware Removal, and If you are a WINDOWS user, go to www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/malicious-software-removal-tool-details.aspx
- There are a number of FREE Password Manager Software programs to choose from. It depends upon how you want to manage your passwords, how many you have and the kind of protection you want. Using a Password Manager Software program can sometimes be tricky, and unnecessary. For 9 FREE Password Managers visit https://fossbytes.com/best-free-password-manager-software/. Some of these have a basic program that works with limited passwords; if you have more than their minimum you many have to pay for an upgrade.
- If you wish to use an anonymous browser visit www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en for a FREE download. Keep in mind that this browser will be slower than your conventional browsers. A Tor anonymous email address has an annual fee and can give you added protection from hackers; https://torguard.net/anonymous-email.php. You can look up additional Dark Web providers online.
- For a non-profit browser with higher privacy protection protocols visit www.duckduckgo.com or www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/. These are not “Dark Web” browsers and will give you the relative speed as Google Chrome.
- For up-to-date information about data breaches visit https://www.scmagazine.com/data-breach/topic/47235/. You can save this to your “Favorites” for quick references. It could affect you!
* FAMILY ID PRO™ DOES NOT ENDORSE OR ACCEPT LIABILITY FOR ANY OF THE PROVIDERS LISTED ABOVE. ANY USE OF THESE PROVIDERS’ SERVICES IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR DISCRETION AND SHOULD BE EXAMINED CAREFULLY BEFORE USE. IF YOU DECIDE TO USE ANY OF THEIR SERVICES YOU AGREE TO TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR CONTENT, FUNCTIONALITY, OR OTHERWISE.